Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Layouts


So i'm playing with my Guest Design Team kit from the Scrapping Nook.
LOVE it.
Great papers to play with - Autumn Leaves Manhattan line. Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, Maya Road keychains, Adirondack paint dabber, black velvet ribbon










1 Really Nice Yard - Anita's yard is just amazing, little areas of beauty everywhere, so relaxing and enjoyable. It's #1 in my book!





Commander in chief - A gracious lady - our Sovereign Queen. It may have been wet for us, but she showed her stamina - showed those boys in blue a thing! A pace that put the guys to shame.







Aero Car - The first time I saw the gondola at the Gorge - I thought there is NO way I'll ride that! But I did - twice! It's amazing how it works and the view is incredible. It's a bird's view of that whirlpool - all those tiny little things down there that aren't so tiny.








Thoughts on growing old
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I reasoned like achild. When I became an adult, I put childish things behind me" I Corinthians 13:11
May be not so much!
Age - it's a relative thing. I mean i don't definately feel my age 45 1/2. When i was under 20, 40 was terribly old and 70 - oh my - that was ancient. Now it doesn't seem that old. Even though I've probably lived more than half my life - I'm still young! My hair is more grey than I'd like but not as white as it could be. My aches and pains tell me I'm aging - maybe not so gracefully - I'm going to fight it! The Lord has blessed me with great years and hopefully there's lots more to enjoy and learn in. He's blessed me with friends and family and great place to live and work. I'm grateful that I can grown and still enjoy it. It's not so bad. I can stil laugh at myself and things around me. The best is yet to be!



Sorry they're not such great shots - but hey - it's a grey day out there and i'm got them captured!

3 comments:

Kristi-Anna said...

Great work Corinne! :D When are you the GDT or have you already been it?

I was it for Jan, but haven't posted my creations yet... *heading over to get the camera out now* LOL

KA

Julie Cortens said...

I love your "growing old" page. Great journalling....gee it just occured to me that at almost 51 I guess I am more than half way through too...it's all going by so fast. I know He has more for me to do for Him here on Earth...I had better do it well. I too am blessed. We serve and awesome God!

MJ said...

I too liked your "growing old" page as it reflects my sentiments too. I feel a little bit different now in my 40th year than I felt in my 20s but not much...