Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday - yippee!




so it's Friday. and i'm here. feeling kinda depressed. just feeling not that great. so to get me outta that slump, i'm going to sort my scraps of paper into Christmas/not Christmas.





my goal for this year is to make 300 cards for the Troops overseas. and i've got a start - 22 so far! but i need to re-organize.





Kim B from London sent me a bag full today - Thanks! it'll go into my collection.
so i altered this clipboard so that i could track my cards. using up old paper again - this time chatterbox. i must have oodles of that...




Your comments are really appreciated. i love reading them and it just blows me away that people actually read my ramblings. so thanks!





i need to follow Leica's lead and pull everything out and then re-sort. or at least clean off my desk. so that's my plan for this weekend - purge and sort. who know's what'll happen?



This layout was in response to 2 challenges - one from The Scrapping Nook crop a while ago: "If you really knew me" and the punctuation challenge from JustCre8.
I used some die cut brackets from JSI and sprayed them with the glimmer mist. Love that stuff. and a wee bit of ribbon, Prima flowers and some really old Basic Grey paper. and Heidi Swapp rub on alphas.

journalling reads:if you really knew me you'd see that i'm like these gooseberries. i start out sour and green andquickly turn to sweet and mush. i've been told that first impression of me is cold and sour. just shy - that's me! just like these berries, i have thorns too but it's worth it to get to know me!

3 comments:

Saucy said...

Wow! 300. If you want to set up a little crop-night with Lecia again, I'm in. I don't have much in the way of Christmas scrap paper... I don't really scrap Christmas.

Julie Cortens said...

Yes I read your blog faithfully and I LOVE the gooseberry analogy - I have a gooseberry bush in my backyard - so I know exactly what you mean - except you do NOT have any thorns!

Amanda said...

I agree with Julie...no thorns on you! Just a lot of sweetness, with a dash of tarty sarcasm thrown in...LOL...love ya like that, ya know :)