up - cycling (or recycling) for me involves using newspapers and cutting out flowers and leaves and gluing them down and then coloring over with copic markers in my art journal.
it also involves covering a canvas with various inks and paints and sprays and mists and stamps and adding pattern pieces as a ruffle.
and a lot more paint and some scrapbooking paper and old book paper, lace and rub ons - this one definately inspired by Christie Tomlinson at Scarlet Line and her "She Art" workshops.... great classes - very detailed and inspiring!i've recycled many things already - mostly paper in some form, but i'm working on canvas, boxes and books lately.
Janet Weser is the master in my mind of creating vintage pieces using old things she's found - like pen nibs, door knobs, old lace and the like. i wish i could alter in the vintage style she does. i lurve her work - it's soooo detailed. and no, i have no photos of her work. or links.... sorry....
since i don't feel i can do vintage as well - i'm concentrating on playing with my inks and paints and canvas and seeing what develops.... it's all good. and it's all good that we have our own areas that we enjoy creating and playing with.
go - create something!
3 comments:
Lovely work here CoRinne not Connie :D (love that!)Really like these girl pieces I'm seeing around, yours is just beautiful - really wish I had taken that workshop now!
Thank you for linking up with the Gauche Alchemy blog and playing along with our challenge :)
Carmen x(not Carmel or Caramel or Karen *g*)
I love, love love the ruffles on her bum:) Very nice!!! I need to do more fun stuff just because.
I love it when people upcycle! These are just fabulous CoRinne! Thanks for joining us over at Gauche Alchemy! :)
Post a Comment