Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update

So, as you've probably read on the side bar - i'm making and collecting Christmas cards so that I can send them to the troops overseas for Christmas.
I've been spreading the word for a while and i've made a few cards.

Today i received an envelope full from Michelle D. and i've received from Margo S. and Kim B. Janet W has donated some supplies and i've made cards from that.

I want to thank you all. It's just amazing to me how people help out.

Today i counted my box full. 151. I'm over halfway to my goal of 300!

And I know there's more coming! It's sooo exciting to see this!

Sometime in July or August, i'll be coordinating/hosting a card making time at one or two of the local scrapbook stores, where we bring out the Christmas paper and embellishments and make cards.
This will benefit in two ways - first Cards for the Troops. second - clear out your stash in time for the new papers coming in for Christmas! sneaky aren't i?

win win situation, me thinks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Corinne!! I didnt realize this is what you were doing with the cards! I will try and remember to bring my Christmas stash box to scrapping this Friday! You can help me clear my stash! LOL

Amanda said...

You go girl! I am just amazed at your dedication to this -- you are just so generous with your time and talent. ((hugs))

Casey said...

what a great idea!