Sunday, July 08, 2007











Just a couple of cards i've made recently. Mo & Jo had disappeared for a while, but seem to be lurking around once in a while.

so this is my thing right now...

As you may or may not know, I work for DND. It's a great job and there's always lots of stuff going on.... and I've gotten to know the troops. There's a few people I know that are overseas, and more going soon and some coming home. Some will be overseas for Christmas.

And this is where I'm leading with this.... My challenge to you - create a Christmas Card for someone serving overseas. AKA Op Christmas Card. (Op stands for Operation) I know it's early. but here's the thing. The cards get collected early and sent to a distribution point. they wait there until there's room on the plane going over. That maybe later than you think!

Make a card for someone overseas. I'll collect them and get them to the Family Resource centre for distribution - or you can drop them off at your nearest base too! It doesn't have to be fancy (more generic Christmas ones please, not overtly religious) - it doesn't have to say much inside - just that you're thinking of them at the holiday season. i KNOW they'll appreciate ANY indication that some one cares.

Please don't include anything with the card and leave the envelope addressed to the or any soldier unsealed.

Anyone interested?

3 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe we can get a card making bee going on over at JSI some night. :)

scrappaleica said...

Corrine, I'm definitely in!!! I think this is a great idea. those soldiers need all our thoughts & prayers!

jem said...

Great cards!!!!!!