Thursday, July 02, 2009

Cypress Hills




it's a beautiful spot - if you ever get the chance to go to Cypress Hills, you should.
the bottom picture is from lookout point, close to Bald Butte. it's the highest elevation in Saskatchewan - on par with Banff Alberta.
from there you can see Maple Creek in the north east - and that's about 20-30 kilometers away!
it's really cool - to see that far away. Sharon and I were gooffing off....
The photo at the top is from the Highlands Trail Nature Walk - used to be called the Beaver Dam's walk... but no more beavers... it's a nice jaunt in and out of trees, around a pond.
and that's how i spent Canada Day this year. wandering around this beautiful corner of this great land.
and it's back to the routine again.
Carpe the week!




2 comments:

Andrea said...

What beautiful pics Corinne!!! Soooo glad you got to get away! Next time tuck me in your suitcase will ya?!!! LOL!
Glad you're back tho! We can farm together again! Although, I'm going away for the weekend. Looking forward to next Friday!

CU!
Andrea

Saucy said...

I am ashamed to say, I've never been to Cypress Hills. When I was a kid, there was a story going around about scorpions being there. I think I bought into it too much.

That, and I also believed that there were sharks in Waskesiu Lake. Because, I'm like, really smart that way.